What I am Thankful For
- I am thankful for SDI, Patrick, Peter, Mike, Jeff, Bob, and the rest of the gang who has welcomed me and given me the prerogative of sharing my baseball opinions with the masses. While I am quite sure I am that inebriated, sullen uncle sipping his whiskey while complaining about the green bean casserole at the kid’s table, the crew has treated me with incredible benevolence despite my unpleasant stench. Thank you guys, (even you Luna) and I look forward to an exciting 2014 season.
- I am thankful for the Elvis Andrus #sparkle and the handsome shortstop’s uncanny ability to fit ghost emojis in every one of his tweets.
- I am thankful for the deadly weapon of a right arm possessed by Leonys Martin and witnessing future base runners get gunned down for trespassing.
- I am thankful for the Yu Darvish slider, and frightened for the rest of baseball when he becomes even more of an indomitable force in 2014 than he has been his first two seasons.
- I am thankful for the Rangers organization having the foresight to sign a 16 year old shortstop on July 2nd, 2009 named Jurickson Profar that other teams wanted to sign as a pitcher.
- I am thankful for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim deciding that signing Adrian Beltre in January of 2011 was not a wise decision.
- I am thankful for the blazing speed exhibited by Craig Gentry on the bases and in the outfield.
- I am thankful for the growing mystique of #TheLegend Jorge Alfaro, and his miniscule pop times.
- I am thankful for the long legs of Alex Rios.
- I am thankful for the privilege of watching Ian Kinsler play baseball for eight seasons in Arlington.
- I am thankful for the fade action of Martin Perez’s cambio.
- I am thankful for Roogie Odor’s #want and ability to play the game of baseball.
- I am thankful for Joey Gallo’s prodigious raw power.
- I am thankful for the front office refraining from signing any free agents who declined qualifying offers last off season, which would have led to the Rangers forfeiting the pick they used to select Chi Chi Gonzalez this past June.
- I am thankful for Derek Holland’s admiration of Dumb and Dumber.
- I am thankful Matt Harrison claims to currently be in the best shape of his life.
- I am thankful Neal Cotts changed his release point.
- I am thankful for the front office having the courage to execute a trade to acquire one of the game’s premier sluggers in a market where power is scarce.
- I am thankful for Nolan Ryan, and all of his contributions during his tenure in Arlington, but elated Jon Daniels, Thad Levine, and AJ Preller are still with the organization.
- I am thankful for Jamie Kelly’s proclivity to obtain important information from daycares.
- I am thankful for the distinct cadence from Rangers public address announcer Chuck Morgan.
- I am thankful for the serene setting at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.
Most of all, I am thankful for all of you SDI readers. Your loyalty and desire for knowledge about your favorite baseball team allows me the opportunity to talk baseball. For that, I am truly thankful.
Lastly, remember to cherish every second you have with your loved ones during the holiday season. Life is short, and creating indelible moments with those you care about is what one will truly remember. Oh, and do not forget to wear elastic waste pants because I know one will desire the second helping of delicious turkey and candy yams during the second half of the Cowboy game.
What are you thankful for this holiday season? Let us know. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.